Friday, February 11, 2005

I look like a Japanese rock star

Last night, I got a hairstyle not of my choosing. In fact, it was chosen for me in advance by my friend Heather and her sister, my stylist, Holly. They had my whole style planned out, that included bleaching me blonde, which I protested and was able to avoid. The cut, however, was going to happen whether I liked it or not.

I guess it’s my fault for not going in there with a plan, so I can’t complain too much. Basically, I got what Holly called a “shaggy razor cut that is so hot!” This translates into using a razor to remove about ten pounds of hair, and then replacing it with ten pounds of product to create this wispy, edgy, layered, bed head, poofy madness that looks like a cross between Pat Benetar and those androgynous little Indie rock boys who go to shows just to “be seen.” It is very, very Japanese rock star.

Of course, Heather had to have lunch with me today to view her co-creation. Upon seeing me, she exclaimed, “Oh my God! You look so much thinner!” Granted, it is nice to be told that, but honestly, I have never really been all that concerned with the fatness of my head. I have never had to squeeze my head into a pair of cute jeans or a sweet swimsuit. I am resigned to the fact that I have a basketball head. Now, said basketball is turning Japanese.

So, my peoples, if you see a Japanese rock star walking around with a hillbilly accent and a big ol’ booty, feel free to say “Hi,” because it’s most likely yours truly. If you are nice, maybe I will to being rocking it out for my United States friends for you. Oh yeah!

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

Please to post picture of honorable new Japanese-style haircut.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Dr. Chingasa said...

she also responds to the" JAPANAMATRIARCH" as well.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you like it, though?

I can't really tell from the post.

5:00 PM  
Blogger MsHellion said...

Well, it takes some getting used to. My hair has been agressively straight for so long that this is new territory for me. It is kinda like having play-doh on my head. I can keep making new shapes with it, as it seems to never be "done." I learned yesterday that when left completely flat, it is so layered I look like Steve Perry from Journey. Don't stop believin'.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to look like a Japanese Rock Star. Anyway, I like it. It's a good thing. I'd like to see it totally done up and Play-Doh like though :)

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home