Sunday, August 24, 2008

"We shall be glad to have you, and I know you'd like it."

Some folks like to refer to the angel and devil atop their shoulders for a bit of advice. I have always preferred a dose of reality. My right shoulder has had a japanese phoenix on it for a few years now. It is a tattoo that reminds me of all the things I love about life. Last night, I balanced things out by getting a tattoo on the left shoulder that represents death - the thing that gives life its momentum and purpose. I chose the black rabbit for this symbol, because I always liked how dignified and ultimately, essentially natural death was portrayed in Watership Down.

Here it is:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

Rock on.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Fantastic idea! I love it.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home