Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Brand it

The man who bought Barry Bonds's 756th home run ball for more than $750,000 is letting the public decide its final resting place.

Fashion designer Marc Ecko is allowing Internet users to vote to either give the ball to the Hall of Fame, brand it with an asterisk before sending it to the Cooperstown (N.Y.) museum or place it in a rocket ship and launch it into space.

I say brand the sucker. The stats will always indicate that the record has been broken, so let the ball stand as testimony to the facts behind the figures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for branding myself, I think that's a pretty cool idea. I do wonder, however, if Cooperstown will take it at that point.

Cooperstown, by the way, is a gorgeous little burg on Lake Otsego in upstate New York. I highly recommend the town even if you're not a baseball fan.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home