Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Things That Don't Make It Into the Yearbook

God only knows what reminded me of this story, but I hope it inspires you, my chilldens, to post your own high school stories of the "never make it into the yearbook" caliber.

My senior year, waaaay back in the year of our Lord nineteen and ninety-two, I was on the make-up and costume crew for the school play "Damn Yankees." Being on the crew was fun, not only for the theatre experience, but also to hang back behind the curtain and watch the reactions of the crowd. Before opening night, the troupe debuted the play during the school day for the student body. The special ed kids were allowed to sit in the front row and seemed especially thrilled by the show. During one scene, a girl playing Lola had to sing "Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets" while wearing a tastefully risque outfit. One particular special ed boy was so especially thrilled by the number that he opened his pants and started jacking off. The teacher tried mightily yet tactfully to get him to stop whilst the crew behind stage were on the floor writhing in agony trying not to guffaw and squeal. It was one of the funniest moments of my entire life. I guess you could say it was a rousing performance. ha ha

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophomore year, I pulled a Michael Jackson (no, not that) in science class when that fucking Tasman guy tinkered with the bunsen burner. I attempted to light it, a flame shot out the side, and my hair was on fire.

Drink Pepsi.

11:22 PM  
Blogger MsHellion said...

Thank you for your brave testimony, brother Jason. Now I have a better understanding of that little pyro/lashing out incident in NOLA. ;)

11:31 PM  
Blogger Dott Comments said...

High school ... theatre ... it's all coming back now.

Middle of the day performance for the kindergarteners ... my role was that of a butterfly ... my costume was a leotard with wings ... my so-called friends stole my real clothes so I had to "fly" through the halls of high school looking for the rascals when I was nabbed by the assistant principal, aka, football coach.

It was bad. Very bad.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I threw my achievement test senior year on purpose, and refused to go back and re-take it "seriously, this time" per my principal's demand.

Just because I could.

12:26 AM  
Blogger MsHellion said...

i see a new yearbook in the making.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in third grade, a group of fifth grade girls "pantsed" me in the cafeteria.

Also, I got caught in an embarassing situation while in the audience during a school play at MsHellion's high school back in 1992. I really enjoyed the show, though!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home