Monday, October 03, 2005

Wallyball and ScarJo

I want to be beautiful like Scarlett Johansson. She's pale, not a twig, and lovely. She also looks like she'd kick you in the nuts herself rather than get her bodyguard to do it for her. I dig that quality.

Watching my grandmother's decline in her last days made me realize that I should treasure this body and the abilities I have. Just being able to get out of bed is a gift. I enjoy mobility, and I intend to keep it as long as I can. To do this, I have to get in shape and stay that way, and I have chosen ScarJo as my role model.

I recognize that I will never be of "featured extensively in a hotel room in my underpants as in Lost In Translation" quality, but I think I have taken a postive first step towards "not embarrassed to go to the pool" quality. I started playing Wallyball. Yesterday, I played my first game in six years, and every fiber of my being and strand of connective tissue in my body is now in great pain. I take this as a good sign. This must mean that everything does at least function, and that Wallyball is a great total body workout. The fun folks I played with yesterday meet every Sunday, and I plan to be there sweating like R. Kelly at a La Petite.

My goal is to continue adding fun but challenging activities to my schedule. Preferrably ones with other folks so that the guilt factor can work accordingly. Tonight, I think it will be Yoga. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

ScarJo rules. Ben and Jerry's should name a low fat yogurt after her.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home