Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Jibba Jabba

Blade Runner taught me that we are all just wet robots who will be gunned down by that great cop in the sky, or the Louisville Metro Police Dept, which ever comes first.

Karaoke taught me that my husband is a crooner, and that many of the songs I loved as an innocent child have lyrics which turn out to be quite filthy.

The Funny Papers taught me a new nickname for my cat. I often call her "Funky Stinkerbean."

Marriage has taught me that it is an absolutely shameful, embarrassing, and abominable injustice that not all loving couples are allowed the many legal and social benefits of a lawful marriage. Yet Cooter the wife beater and his crack baby makin' teen bride can hook up on a drunken whim as the good Lord sees fit. Whatever.

The Blues taught me that life involves a lot of walking, drinking, and ass whoopin'.

Mother Nature taught me that we are all red headed stepchildren.

4 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

Oscar the Grouch taught me that even if you live in a garbage can, people will rain piss down on you if you don't have a fucking smile plastered on your face 24/7.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

You taught me how to pronounce Lou-uh-vull.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blues also taught me that anything worth singing about happens either early in the morning or late late at night.

If it's happening in the afternoon, it's gotta be backbreaking hard work under the hot hot August sun.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know my cat's actual full name is Stinker Poot Stinkerton....It started as a nickname and stuck cause she represents that name so well now. I like funky Stinkerbean....I'm going to call her that and see how she responds.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home